Active development: June 2020 – January 2021
Important: I have stopped work on this project, which means that there will be no new releases for the app.
Thank you very much for your support!
This app shows you which sorts of fruit, vegetables etc. are available from regional produce right now and which ones are imported over short or long distances. I developed the app because I feel that people should be conscious of where their food comes from and what implications their transport has.
Features (Version 1.4.7)
- Regions: Central Europe
- Languages: de, en, fr, es, pl
- Month-by-month overview of 100 different kinds of foods and their availability
- Customizable favorites list
- Search function that recognizes common synonyms
Links and Downloads
- View on F-Droid
- View on Google Play
- Get latest APK (from GitHub releases)
- View code on GitHub
Comparison against similar apps
There certainly are similar apps out there, especially within the German-speaking community. However, this app:
- Boasts the biggest collection of foods,
- Lets you pick and view your favorites,
- Consists of open source code,
- Can be run on a variety of android devices, and
- Looks and feels better than most competitor apps (my personal opinion).
Especially the open-source aspect is a main motivating factor for me to further develop this app.