This app shows you which sorts of fruit, vegetables etc. are available from regional produce right now and which ones are imported over short or long distances. I developed the app because I feel that people should be conscious of where their food comes from and what implications their transport has.
Features (Version 1.4.7)
- Regions: Central Europe
- Languages: de, en, fr, es, pl
- Month-by-month overview of 100 different kinds of foods and their availability
- Customizable favorites list
- Search function that recognizes common synonyms
Upcoming Changes and Features
- Option to locally override availabilities
- New foods
- New supported regions
Links and Downloads
- View on F-Droid
- View on Google Play
- Get latest APK (from GitHub releases)
- View code on GitHub
Comparison against similar apps
There certainly are similar apps out there, especially within the German-speaking community. However, this app:
- Boasts the biggest collection of foods,
- Lets you pick and view your favorites,
- Consists of open source code,
- Can be run on a variety of android devices, and
- Looks and feels better than most competitor apps (my personal opinion).
Especially the open-source aspect is a main motivating factor for me to further develop this app.